Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest- does have educational value!

I am a die-hard user of Pinterest. I could probably use it in my sleep. Not only do I find delicious recipes on there, I also find tons on DIY projects, and many helpful photography tips, but that's not all. I also find many helpful educational resources. I even have a separate board titled Teaching English. Where I not only pin lesson plans that might be helpful someday, but also different helpful organization tips and ideas for how to decorate and display things in my classroom- including countless quotes I would love to  have on display in my classroom somewhere. One of the most intriguing educational ideas I found recently on Pinterest is a website where students can upload photos of themselves and fill it with words about themselves and their interests, or I thought even better- they could write a poem to form to the shape of any image they choose. It's called Tagxedo. Here is an example of one in honor of a certain someone that just had a birthday last week. From looks it sort of reminds me of a Wordle- but in a fun shape.

Anyone else think this is a neat idea?

J.A.M.

1 comment:

  1. That is a neat idea! I might have to check it out.

    I am with you, though; I love Pinterest. I have been addicted for months now. It is really one of the neatest sites I have seen.

    ReplyDelete