Monday, February 20, 2012

Teacher Workload

Many of you may have seen this image floating around...


I found this via "Secondary Solutions" Facebook and I can't agree with it more- and I have not even started my teaching career but I know it is a lot of work. Many times after telling people that I am going to school to be a teacher their thoughts are- Oh that's easy you get to hang out with kids- basically babysit for 8 hours a day. News flash to all of those people, our jobs are MUCH MUCH more than that. Our days don't stop once we get home from school because from there we have to work a few more hours at home working on lesson plans, grading tests and papers, etc.! And then there are those people who think how we get all Summer off as well- but they don't realize we have things to work on in the summer as well! My own grandfather asked me why I was going to school to be a teacher and told me I should get a real job and be a nurse! I think it's insane seeing a teacher's salary compared to, say a professional athlete. And now with all of these budget cuts many teachers end up spending their own salary on materials for their students because their school no longer provides them. This is just my personl rant about how underappreciated teachers are, but I'm sure many of you understand where I'm coming from and agree.

Any thoughts?

J.A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment